Professor Di Gao
Associate Professor and and William Kepler Whiteford Faculty Fellow
Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Tel: (412) 624-8488
Department Website: http://www.engineering.pitt.edu/DiGao/
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, 2004.
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Tsinghua Unviersity, Beijing, China, 1999.
- BS in Computer Science, Tsinghua Unviersity, Beijing, China, 1999.
Awards and Honors
- Committee Chair, Advanced Manufacturing & Advanced Materials, Carnegie Science Awards, 2011-present.
- Committee member, AIChE Owens-Corning Early Career Award, American Institute of Chemical Engineers, 2012-present.
- AIChE 2011 Owens-Corning Early Career Award (2011).
- Advanced Materials Award, Carnegie Science Center (2010).
- Invited Participant, National Academy of Engineering's 2010 U.S. Frontiers of Engineering Symposium (2010).
- Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Award, National Science Foundation (2008).
- 2009 AIChE Youth Council on Sustainable Science and Technology Award, Faculty Lead of the University of Pittburgh Team (2009).
- Pitt Innovator Award (2009).
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency P3 (People, Prosperity and the Planet for Sustainability) Award, Faculty Lead of the University of Pittburgh Team (2008).
- William Kepler Whiteford Faculty Fellowship, Swanson School of Engineering, Univ. of Pittsburgh (2008).
- American Chemical Society Petroleum Research Fund Type G Award (2006).
- Applied Materials Graduate Fellow, Applied Materials, Inc. (2003).
- Outstanding Poster Award, Univ. of California System-wide Bioengineering Symposium (2005).
- Outstanding Presentation Award, Industry Advisory Board Meeting, Berkeley Sensor & Actuator Center, Univ. of California (2003).
- Petroleum Chemical Engineering Scholarship, SK Global Co. Ltd, Korea (1997).
- Tsinghua Excellent Student Scholarship, Tsinghua University (1995, 1996, and 1998).